Baked Spinach Dip Mini Bread Bowls
I mentioned yesterday that a friend wanted some suggestions for a party she was going to on Sunday. After finding my tortilla pinwheels lacking, she played around the web and found this site and a recipe for little mini bread bowls filled with spinach dip. She said they were really good, so I thought I would share the recipe with you.
- 13.3 ounces roll of refrigerated french bread loaf, I used Simply Pillsbury
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon Ancho Chile Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10 muffin cups with non stick cooking spray. Unroll package of french bread loaf and slice into 10 equal size slices, about 1 inch thick. Press each slice into about a 3 inch round, I did this by pressing in between my hands. Press into the bottom and up sides of the muffin cup. Set aside.
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir spinach until wilted, about 3 minutes then add garlic, cook and stir for another minute then turn heat off.
Place cream cheese, sour cream, cooked spinach and garlic, Parmesan Cheese, Ancho Chili Powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dip into each of the centers of bread bowls. Top evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 15-17 minutes until just turning brown on edges. Remove and let cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from pan.
10 mini spinach dip bread bowls
I admit they do look yummy and she has promised to make a batch for me to try.