This recipe takes advantage of what’s available from the garden these days. Substitute raspberries, peaches or plums if you like.
Chicken and Rice Wraps
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup cooked brown or wild rice
- 4 large tortillas (flavored ok)
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Dressing
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Fresh mint
Mix together chicken, spinach, strawberries, pecans and rice. Mix together dressing ingredients, toss with chicken mixture. Let sit 15 minutes or more. Roll 1/4 of mixture in each tortilla.
Nothing beats a good Greek restaurant for a nice lunch meal. I am partial to pita sandwiches, but it can be difficult in my area to find good, fresh pita bread. So tortillas make a good substitute. In this recipe, you can use spinach or sun-dried tomato wraps to really spark things up. Regardless these are easy and quite flavorful wraps. Perfect for a holiday picnic by the lake.
Greek Chicken Wraps
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon or stone ground mustard
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 4 oz plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp dill
- 2 oz crumbled feta
- 2 oz sliced black olives (opt)
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas, spinach tortillas are a fun choice
- ½ green leaf lettuce, shredded
skillet & bowl
Mix together chicken, lemon juice, mustard, 1 tsp garlic, oregano & pepper in bowl, coating chicken thoroughly, let sit for 30 minutes. Prepare cucumbers, add yogurt, dill and remaining garlic and mix well. Refrigerate until served. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in a 350° oven for 10 minutes, turn oven off and let them stay warm until served. Heat oil in skillet on medium-high and add chicken and marinade. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes. To serve, add chicken mixture, yogurt mixture, feta, olives and lettuce to each tortilla and roll up. Use any remaining yogurt mixture to dip tortillas in.