Great recipe for your 4th of July party. Make ahead so you can enjoy the party instead of being in stuck in the kitchen. Serve chicken salad in a bowl surrounded by sliced sub rolls. Easy to double if you’re having a big party.
Marinated Chicken Salad
- ¼ cup dill juice
- 3 tbsp Dijon or stone ground mustard
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
Mix together ingredients and marinate overnight. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill or broil chicken and cool completely, then cut into small cubes or run through a food processor.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
- ¼ cup salad dressing or mayonnaise (more as needed)
- 2 tsp stone ground mustard
In bowl, mix cubed chicken with ingredients, blending well. Serve on sub rolls.
Serves 6 on large sub rolls, 8-10 on small rolls. You can make this ahead of time and refrigerate for a day or two before serving.