Daily Archives: August 25, 2009
One of my favorite chicken salads is at Costco. This recipe is pretty close, though I’ve added grapes and tweaked the mayonnaise a bit. The best way to serve this, in my opinion, is to wash and dry romaine lettuce leaves, top with salad, roll up and eat. Bread seems too heavy for this dish.
Sonoma Chicken Salad
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cups dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds,garlic powder,onion powder, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. This can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. When ready to serve, stir in chicken, pecans, grapes, Craisins, celery and serve cold.