JeffreyW has been making some tempting gyros. I thought if that has put you in the mood for lamb, but you’re not quite ready to grind your own, this might satisfy your craving.
- 1 lb lamb, boneless shoulder cut, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano, crushed
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 green pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 8-12 pieces
- 4 large (11-12 inches) metal skewers
broiler pan or grill
Mix lemon juice, oil, salt, oregano, pepper in bowl or plastic bag and add lamb cubes. Let marinate overnight. Remove lamb and reserve marinade.
Alternate on skewers: pepper, lamb, onion & eggplant. Broil or grill for 5 minutes, turn and brush with marinade, cook additional 5 minutes, turn, marinate, cook another 5 minutes.