I can’t remember why I made this originally, but I think it was for a summer brunch. Nice combination of flavors that go nicely with a grilled fish or chicken.
Caribbean Orange-Mango Coleslaw
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1-1/2 large mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine cabbage, mangoes, bell peppers, green onions and cilantro in large bowl; stir gently to mix. Add Orange-Mango Dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve, or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
- ½ mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 6 ounces plain nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ to 1 jalapeño pepper,* stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
Place mango in food processor; process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth.