Once again Josh D. comes through with another fine recipe. Josh, shouldn’t you be packing?
Take it away:
When a recipe gets eaten, you know folks are hungry. When you get repeated requests for the recipe, you know you done made it right! This is VERY simple to make, VERY nutritious, and best of all CHEAP! It makes a great side for tacos as an alternative to just beans and rice or snacking on with corn chips. Or even just rolled in a warmed flour tortilla!
Corn and Black Bean Salad
- 3 ears corn, cooked until just tender
- 1 16 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, seeded & diced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, grated fine
- ½ tsp ground oregano, preferably Mexican
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
Mix together all ingredients except avocados, allow to sit in refrigerator four hours or overnight. Right before serving, fold in avocados and adjust seasoning as necessary. Corn can be sautéed after kernels are removed, roasted on cobs, or boiled.