This turned out well. It’s very sweet, I added some crushed red pepper to give it a bit more balance and I think next time I’d use red wine vinegar instead of lemon juice and maybe 2 tbsps. Baked potato and greens would make good sides for it.
Baked Chicken with Peaches
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
8×8 glass baking dish, well oiled
Place chicken breasts in the baking dish. Sprinkle with ¼ cup brown sugar, cover with peach slices, sprinkle with remaining brown sugar, spices and lemon juice. Bake for 30 minutes, basting frequently (about every 10 minutes) at 350º.