Daily Archives: August 21, 2010
It’s been a busy day. Good ride today, despite the heat. This was nice and not terribly sweet. I’ll be trying it with a few things.
- 2 cups diced peeled peaches (2 to 3 peaches)
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 medium lime
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely minced hot or mild green chile pepper, or to taste
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- dash ginger
- dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon orange or pineapple juice
- dash freshly ground black pepper
Mix together and let meld together for about 30 minutes or more before serving.
I had some asparagus and some sweet corn that I needed to cook up before it got too old. Been eating so many sammiches that my veggies were wilting in the crisper. I dug out my 12″ cast iron skillet for this one, it was going to be a good one. Shaved the kernels off three cobs of sweet corn, and chopped the asparagus up into 2″ pieces. Dug some of my frozen bell pepper strips out of the freezer, and chopped a banana pepper that has been laying around into rings. I cooked all that down some in butter and olive oil, then poured in 8 eggs beaten with a good slug of half & half. I let the sides set then slid it into a 350 oven. Towards the end, when a bit of brown appeared on top, I grated some gruyere and parmesan over it and let it brown a bit more.