New Feeder Cam
The old camera has been failing intermittently for a while now. It would fail to turn on, or to record pictures, or be working fine then quit for no reason we could determine. We tried new batteries, new memory cards, and basic resets but we decided we just could no longer rely on it. I ordered another camera, from a different maker, and set it out. It seems to be doing OK, it was initially set to be a tad too sensitive and we were getting some empty frames caused by wind or some such. The documentation and manual that came with this one are sorely lacking but I managed to find the adjustment method and dialed the default setting back from high to medium and it seems to be doing fine.
We didn’t turn it off yesterday all day so it captured a series of pictures of mostly birds at the feeder. A cool and mostly dreary day brightened some with some sun in the afternoon. Here are a few captures from the day’s take: