Tired of winter? How about something a bit tropical to get you through the day? These are quick and easy to put together, though it was difficult to let them cool completely before digging in.
Key Lime Coconut Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (approx 28 squares)
- 3 heaping tablespoons shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz pk cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat free)
- 1/4 cup Key Lime juice or regular limejuice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract (opt)
- 1 lime, sliced into thin slices, then quarter
9×9 glass baking dish, mixing bowl and 36 cupcake papers
Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
Mix graham cracker crumbs, coconut and butter thoroughly with fork. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Refrigerate while preparing cream cheese mixture. Beat cream cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in lime juice, lemon extract and lime peel. Pour into pan, spreading evenly over crust. Bake about 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes on rack, then cover loosely and refrigerate at least 3 hours until chilled. Cut into 36 pieces, place in cupcake papers and top with lime quarters.