I LOVE spring rolls and they are so easy to make. And you can fill them with a variety of items, so use the recipe below as a starting point, but let your imagination run wild. This recipe is simple but full of flavor. It’s quick and you can buy shredded carrots and shredded lettuce to save even more time
Thai Spring Rolls
- ¼ tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (or white wine vinegar)
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 1 ½ cup shredded leaf lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
Mix together fish sauce and garlic. In a bowl of cold water (I actually use a large, deep sided plate), soak 1 wrapper, until limp. Lay out flat on a plate, add 1/8 of each of the ingredients, in order, then drizzle with fish sauce mixture.
Fold ends up and roll like a burrito. Moisten seam, press close and set seam side down on plate. Repeat for all wrappers.
Cover with a moist paper towel and refrigerate until ready to serve, with dipping sauce.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or fish sauce or rice vinegar)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger (or more as desired)