I’m thinking I’ll focus on grilling recipes this week. Start with something a bit different with some exotic flavors. Serve over rice or couscous and add some grilled vegetables for a quick and easy dinner.
Grilled Chicken & Papaya
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 button mushrooms, washed
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 green pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded & cut into 8 chunks
- 4 large metal skewers (if you use wooden, remember to soak them first)
Heat oil in skillet, add curry powder and stir for 30 seconds, remove from heat & add lemon juice, water, salt & pepper. Cut each breast into 4 to 6 cubes. Thread on skewers: (suggested) mushroom, chicken, onion, pepper, chicken, papaya, chicken, pepper, onion, chicken, papaya, mushroom. Brush curry mixture on all sides of the kabobs. Grill for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently and basting with curry mixture.