I found a really good deal on lean ground turkey and packaged most of it up to store in the freezer. While I was there, I decided it was time to make some space, so I pulled out the turkey broth I made from Thanksgiving leftovers.
Ground turkey ✔
Turkey Broth ✔
Time for some turkey noodle soup! And it was mmmm, mmmm, good.
Turkey Noodle Soup
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 cups of liquid – a combination of turkey or chicken broth and water
- 16 oz frozen vegetables – you can add a bag of mixed veggies. I used carrots and green beans
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery leaves, chopped (opt)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 10 oz egg noodles
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp sage
- 3 tsp poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (you’ll probably need 1/2 tsp of each for the ground meat and more for the soup itself)
Add salt, pepper and 1 tsp poultry seasoning to turkey and mix well.
On Instant Pot/Multi-Pot use the saute setting to brown ground turkey. You may want to add a little oil if it’s very lean turkey. I left the meat in larger chunks than I normally would.
Add liquid and deglaze the pan. Add vegetables, egg noodles and remaining seasonings. Cover and set the pot for the soup setting and pressurize for 15 minutes.