I mentioned some BBQ sauce that Kroger carries on their Private Selection label. It wasn’t there again the other day so I cast a Google net into the recipe sea and caught this . It’s for bbq ribs but I didn’t let that shame me for the last batch of ribs I made. Look at those nice pictures! I’m gonna list the sauce ingredients because I am shameless.
CHIPOTLE BBQ SAUCE
- 14 oz / 400g can crushed tomato
- 3.5 oz / 100g can Chipotle in Adobo Sauce , chipotle and sauce (1/2 a standard can) (Note 1)
- 1 large onion (brown, white or yellow), diced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or 2 tbsp normal white vinegar + 1 tsp sugar)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce , or other hot sauce. Adjust to taste.
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- Black pepper
They used beer over the ribs, something that wasn’t going to work for me, so I added a bottle of Guinness Extra Stout to all of the above and simmered it a while, taking a stick blender to it for a good churn to get it all nice and smooth. I had a few additions to the recipe – dark soy sauce, Kitchen Bouquet, more brown sugar, extra garlic, and the rest of that can of chipotles in adobo.
I froze portions in those silicone muffin things so I could thaw a bit as needed. I will need some later today.