It’s my favorite time of the year for cooking when I can choose fresh ingredients from my garden or the farmer’s market. It so easy to toss pasta with fresh produce and have a quick, light dinner.
On the board:
- Garden Fresh Pasta
- Steamed Zucchini
- Crusty loaf
- Sliced Peaches (add a touch of sugar to bring out the juices)
Garden Fresh Pasta Sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed garlic (start with one, add more as desired)
- 4-6 medium to large tomatoes, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves – more as desired
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (I like a cute little leaf called ‘pizza oregano’) – more as desired
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes if you desire some heat
saucepan & pasta serving bowl
Heat oil in saucepan, add onions and garlic; saute on medium heat until onions are translucent (don’t carmelize onions or scorch garlic). Add remaining ingredients and simmer until tomatoes are soft. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Add to tomato mixture and toss.
serve with grated parmesan.
Serves 4 generously.
Next week we’ll revisit all my favorite peach recipes.