Pictured: Quick and Easy Pasta Salad, recipe here, along with several other summer salad recipes.
One of my favorites:
Chipotle Macaroni Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp limejuice
Mix together ingredients and set aside while macaroni cooks.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (or equivalent)
- 8 oz cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 thick cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup chipotle mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring water to a boil, add 1 tsp salt and macaroni. Cook until al dente (firm to tooth). Immediately drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Do not drain well, allow macaroni to stay wet, remove to bowl. Immediately add garlic, celery, onion, parsley and lemon juice and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in cheddar cheese, tomatoes, bacon and chipotle mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow to chill 15 – 30 minutes. Serves 8-10.
Next week: Some duck photos, roasted jalapenos, Key Lime bars. Stay tuned…