What do you do with a counter full of peaches and jalapenos? Well, make peach salsa, of course.
- 2 cups diced peeled peaches (2 to 3 peaches)
- 4 thinly sliced green onions or 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, about 1 medium lime
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely minced hot or mild green chile pepper, or to taste
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (opt)
- dash ginger
- dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon orange or pineapple juice
- dash freshly ground black pepper
Mix together and let meld together for about 30 minutes or more before serving. Great on chips, on Fajitas or tacos.
I bought a big can of powdered milk at the beginning of the pandemic and thought I would try to use it in the pancakes. It seemed to work OK. I’ve been trying to work though my backlog of ’emergency’ stocks. Even dried beans eventually go bad.
Topped with a spoonful of fermented peppers.
I went off of this recipe when making this batch. No cilantro!😝 I think I went with seasoned rice vinegar rather than the red wine flavor.
The steak was sous vide – 132 degrees.